It's that time of year again. For those attending this year's New York State Fair, as usual, it will be hard to avoid running into something related to one or more Syracuse radio stations. Here's what we know so far...
- Oldies 92.1 sets up shop once again on the Heroes and Legends Cafe outdoor patio at the Center of Progress building. Look for live regional oldies bands each day. Station jocks will also introduce a number of the 4:00 shows at Cole Muffler Court. Morning man Gary Dunes and the Deltunes perform several shows at the Pizza Hut Tent.
- 93Q is on location with its Giant Boom Box running a 'Central New York Pop Idol' contest. Nightly auditions lead to a grand prize winner on August 31, who will win a trip for two to the FOX TV broadcast of the 'American Idol' finale in Hollywood.
- Y94FM's display booth will be on the back side of Cole Muffler Court, Monday through Thursday each day from 11 till 7. Dave Laird makes an appearance today from 3-7 p.m. at the NIMO Deck, while Pete and Brenda join Chef Paul for a kitchen cooking demonstration on Saturday, August 31 from 5-7 p.m.
- 95X will have its Rockbox parked outside the Grange with live broadcasts with Ryno from 6-10 p.m. weekdays and from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. on the weekends. The station is also sponsoring and introducing the David Lee Roth/Sammy Hagar show at the grandstands. And, check out the Sam & Dave show which marks the 24th year 'birthday' for the station and their participation at the Fair.
- TK-99 will be at the Shamrock before each classic rock concert.
- K-Rock is at the West End Grill with acoustic live bands each evening from 5-7.
- Sunny 102 is paired up with OCCRA for 5 appearances.
- WSCP will be at the Fair before country shows.
- B104.7 broadcasts live from the grounds including backstage interviews of some of the country acts.