SYRACUSE -- The CNY Central cluster, consisting of NBC3 (WSTM-TV), CBS5 (WTVH) and CW6 (WSTM-TV 3.2) is looking to hire a full-time Master Control Operator. Here's the full official job posting as provided to us by the station:
WSTM/WSTQ/WTVH is seeking a Master Control Operator. The ideal candidate must be versatile and capable of learning specialized software applications and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment. You must have great attention to detail, excellent computer skills, and must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Vacancy Type:
WSTM/WSTQ/WTVH is seeking a Master Control Operator. The ideal candidate must be versatile and capable of learning specialized software applications and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment. You must have great attention to detail, excellent computer skills, and must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Broadcast operations including setting up, controlling and monitoring television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience
- On-air switching, dubbing and transferring programsGathering satellite feeds for broadcast use
- Preparation and operation of equipment (before, during and after live newscasts)
- Support the production of newscasts and other live or taped programming for television and multi-platform use
- Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
- Other duties as assigned
Experience: Previous experience as a Master Control Operator is preferred.
The base salary compensation range for this role is $15 to $16 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates’ relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Apply Online URL:
Covering the happenings at dozens of TV and radio stations in two markets is no easy task! We're always grateful for your "official" station announcements and "unofficial" insider tips. Anytime you've got news to share about local radio or TV, use our Contact Form. You can choose whether to include your own contact info, or remain anonymous.